Old Fire Barn - Fife Lake, Michigan
Historical Society - www.fifelakehistoricalsociety.com
The old fire barn was constructed in 1876 and was the school in the village that was platted as Fyfe Lake, now called Southtown. In 1885 the “White” school, a new and larger school, was built behind today’s Fife Lake elementary school. Soon after, this building was moved to its present location to house the equipment used by the volunteer firefighting team from the 1880’s on.
Today, the building houses uniforms from 120 years ago, large wheeled firefighting equipment, a 1937 fire truck, and a series of displays illustrating medical care and emergency services from the past.