Deal Car - Jonesville, Michigan
The Deal Car - Jonesville, Michigan
Jonesville is a treasure trove for history buffs. In the Village Hall is one of the few remaining Deal cars that were once manufactured here.
Jacob J. Deal established a factory here in 1865 or so and began to produce wagons and buggies. Soon after he was building road carts of excellent quality and business grew rapidly. In 1891 George Deal joined the firm and soon after the company began to build horseless carriages. By 1910 there were 140 workers in the factory.
Perched on the banks of the St. Joseph River, the village of Jonesville, Michigan came into existence because, back in the day, this was the only place for ten miles where travelers on the frontier could ford the river. Jonesville is a thriving place on U.S. 12, The Great Sauk Trail.